Provide financial leadership and accountability for day-to-day operations for the general accounting and IT functions. The key general accounting functions including accounts payable, invoicing, payroll, tax reporting, internal controls, general ledger, and period closes. Support the strategic planning and KPI execution process by preparing detailed analyses for use by internal management and owners.
- Produce period, accrual basis financial reports – Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows – according to GAAP.
- Review financial reports of commonly-owned companies to ensure completeness and accuracy of financials.
- Responsible for period, quarterly and annual revenue and expense accruals.
- Responsible for period, quarterly and annual closing of general ledger.
- Responsible for working capital accounts including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Ensure payment schedules for both AP and AR maximize company’s cash flow.
- Responsible for asset and depreciation schedules.
- Recommend company-wide internal controls and procedures and take ownership of implementation and enforcement.
- Responsible for budget and auditing process.
- Recommend new technology that will optimize company and departmental effectiveness.
- Support multi-level business strategic planning and KPI process. Research strategic planning and KPI software, oversee implementation and use, and prepare detailed analysis, summary outputs, and presentations for use by internal management and owners for decision-making.
- Represent the company as the first point of contact for accounting and GAAP questions from investors and lenders.
- Assist with other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required with a minimum of five years of related experience or equivalent work experience. CPA preferred. Prior restaurant/retail experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Strong communication skills both cross functionally and departmentally with ability to build and lead accounting team
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required along with knowledge of project management tools
- Ability to learn and oversee IT functions to include basic management of the office network
- Strong proficiency with customized Report Writing software.
- Strong finance, project/capital assessment, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to operate with competing priorities, often with considerable time constraints.
- Sage100, Oracle and Access experience preferred
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Will work in an office environment with occasional standing or walking to perform the essential functions.
- Will be required to occasionally lift up to twenty pounds during the course of a workday.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management and team members.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to those requiring assistance.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- One location